Moratorium on the spec-splitting discussion

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:48:02 +0900
To: public-html@w3.org

Speaking in my official position as one of the current co-chairs
for the group, I'd like to ask that we all agree to a voluntary
moratorium for the time being on further discussion about if/how
the existing HTML5 draft should be split into separate specs.

I think it's been useful to have a discussion about it, but we are
now at a point in the discussion where there really is not much
new information being put forward. So I think at this point, Chris
Wilson and I need to take a look at the record of the discussion
and make a decision about how best to work further with the group
on getting a resolution to the discussion.

So please refrain for the time being from posting further messages
to the list on the spec-splitting topic. That includes follow-ups
or replies to other messages. For those cases, you are of course
free to post replies off-list, including to me directly if it's
something you want me to read. I just ask that you don't post them
to the list for now.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith