Re: Splitting up the spec

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:45:31 +0000
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: jonas@sicking.cc

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> IMHO all the parts about elements and attributes need to be in the
> HTML spec. Content-Style-Type definitely needs to be in the HTML spec,
> otherwise you have no idea how to interpret the text inside the
> couldn't know that it's CSS that you're trying to interpret.

Actually, to be pedantic, Content-Style-Type is needed to interpret
the style *attribute*. The <style> element has a type attribute that
tells you how to interpret it.

Content-Style-Type is also IIRC defined to default to "text/css", so
it's only needed by pages that use another stylesheet language. As
few browsers support non-CSS styling languages, it is mostly redundant.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>