[Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:02:35 +0000
  • Subject: Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification
  • To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Ian Hickson wrote:

[at great length, ending with]

> I agree that there are parts that should be removed. I expect to take the
> storage section out before last call.

How far in the future do you expect "last call" to be, Ian ?

I ask because one of the perceived problems within the
WG is that you, as Editor, may appear as being somewhat
less than responsive to suggestions from the Group.  If
there is general consensus that the specification is
already suffering from bloat, and if (as you state above)
you agree that there are parts that should be removed,
then might it not be beneficial to divert a little effort
to removing them /now/, so that (a) the WG may better
appreciate that you /do/ respond to their feedback, and
(b) so that WG members do not waste their time reviewing
material that you already believe will not appear in the
final version ?

Philip TAYLOR