Re: An HTML language specification

Mark Baker wrote:
> But I do consider this a different "where" than discussed before, when
> I meant that I could live with the DOM being specified in a separate
> section or a separate document.  I feel strongly that it should not be
> specified inline with the meaning of the element and its attributes.

Interesting.  I think the fundamental assumption, if the DOM interfaces
are in the same document as the element name definitions, is that the
most sensible place to put the description of the DOM interface an
element implements is right next to where you describe everything else
about the element.

Now it might make sense to clearly separate the DOM interface part from
the markup language part, but that's a formatting issue, not a content
issue, and doesn't involve splitting up the specification or anything
drastic like that.

-Boris