Re: An HTML language specification

Ian Hickson wrote:
> One of the biggest goals of HTML5 is to fix up the mess that was left
> from
> leaving things like Window and the navigation algorithm undefined. These
> are core to how HTML works. We can't leave those out.

I think some people are asking for a separate spec that would govern the
behavior of software similar to html5lib.

http://code.google.com/p/html5lib/

This software does not implement Window or navigation, but it appears to
perform a useful task. It seems to me that either the tree built by
html5lib is a total sham, or the HTML5 spec is not as intertwined as
some are claiming.

- Rob