Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification

HI Jonas

On Nov 16, 2008, at 8:36 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

>>> I'm not sure who is claiming that. In any case they are wrong, the
>>> HTML5 spec is a clear proof of that.
>> The point is that the HTML5 draft, as it currently stands, does not
>> go far enough to achieve these goals.
>
> The current HTML5 draft does more to bring HTML on the web forward
> than anything w3c has done since the publication of HTML4.
>
> Now I'm sure more can be done, but I'd like to see specific
> suggestions counter proposals before giving up work on the current
> draft. Preferably in the form of drafts.

This is quite a melodramatic response. No one is suggesting to take
the current draft and throw in the waste bin. Instead it's important
to divide the labor in such a way that we can get the work done more
efficiently. The other divisions that have been proposed are not
helpful in that vein. What I am suggesting would be much more fruitful
since it would allow Ian to focus on the parts he is familiar with and
let areas such as vocabulary and parsing be handled by others with the
appropriate expertise.

Take care,
Rob