Re: "presentation concerns" out of scope? (detailed review of section 1. Introduction)

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Dan Connolly wrote:
>> This paragraph contradicts itself:
>>
>> "The scope of this specification does not include addressing
>> presentation concerns (although default rendering rules for Web browsers
>> are included at the end of this specification). "
>>
>> I wouldn't mind striking it. Or perhaps re-phrase positively:
>
> I agree that the paragraph in the spec is suboptimal, but I'm not sure
> your proposal is significantly better...

How about changing it to something like this:

This specification defines the default rendering for web browsers;
however, features that enable authors to significantly customise the
presentation of a document are out of scope.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/