Re: Subdocument fragments in a compound document (part of detailed review of documents and document framegents)

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> Currently the only element allowed "wherever a subdocument fragment is
> allowed in a compound document" is the html element. RFC4287 mandates
> that within an Atom document, for an XHTML text construct, it must have
> a single div element as the content. As HTML 5 only allows the html
> element in such a situation, this makes the XHTML fragment within an
> Atom document non-conforming.

Given that Atom or another spec could as easily have allowed any flow
content, or a <section>, or an <article>, I'm not sure how to change the
spec here. My intention wasn't to disallow an element from being allowed
where another spec says it is explictly allowed (or required). My
intention was just to allow <html> to be used in other vocabularies where
those vocabularies just specified a generic inclusion point.