Information access for all : img, object and @alt

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:32:31 +0200
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

I'm wondering why we have so passionate discussions about img and
@alt, and none about the alternatives of object, audio, video. The
uses cases are the same : giving access to the information unavailable
to some person/UA/thingy trough alternatives.

Maybe we should first have a global policy about informations
alternative before having a casus belli about one of the aspects (even
if it's the most wildly used).

We had an example about pictures gallery on flickr, what about video
gallery on youtube ?

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/