Re: alt use cases

From: Andrew Sidwell <andy@entai.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 19:41:56 +0100
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Laura Carlson wrote:
> Justin James wrote:
>
>>  i) Is mandating accessibility a goal of the HTML 5 spec?
>
>>From the HTML Working Group Charter:
> "The HTML Working Group will cooperate with the Web Accessibility
> Initiative to ensure that the deliverables will satisfy accessibility
> requirements.

The specification for HTML5 would satisfy accessibility requirements by
including alt tags for all images, etc.  However, I was not aware of any
specifications which specify what conforming specifications should
specify with regard to accessibility.  (They would take the form of
something like: "If a specification allows images to be included, it is
a conforming specification only if it makes it non-conforming to not
provide an alternative textual representation for each image thus
included.")

--
Andrew Sidwell