bootstrapping semantics from presentation (Was: exploring ...)

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:10:16 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org, www-math@w3.org

I think we need a way to coax authors into more semantic seriousness.

It may take a long time.  It needs to be able to happen slowly.

An alternative to semantic annotation with content MathML is to
enrich presentation markup with semantic attributes.

This avoids the redundancy issue.

The level of enrichment of this type that might be required for aiding
accessibility and searching might be less than that required for
enabling a more or less unique translation to content markup.

                                    -- Bill