W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2008

{minutes} 2008-03-27 HTML WG issue-tracking call

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:03:30 +0900
To: public-html@w3.org
Message-ID: <20080328000327.GB25133@sideshowbarker>
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-minutes.html

Present
    ChrisWilson, LauraCarlson, MikeSmith

Regrets
    DanC

Chair
    ChrisWilson

Scribe
    MikeSmith

Contents

 * Topics
 * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <ChrisWilson> working thru action items pending review:

   <ChrisWilson> action-50: separate email list

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-50 -- Dan Connolly to investigate separate
   mailing list on canvas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. --
   due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/50

       http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/50

   <ChrisWilson> close action-50

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-50 Investigate separate mailing list on
   canvas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. closed

   <ChrisWilson> (list has been created)

   <ChrisWilson> action-52?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-52 -- Anne van Kesteren to bring summary of
   where the Forms TF is and recommendation for action to HTML WG --
   due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/52

       http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/52

   ChrisWilson: there has been no follow-up to anne's summary e-mail

   <ChrisWilson> (that is, no further emails since the charter
   discussion)

   ChrisWilson: his recommendation is that if nothing has happened by
   July 2008, then we just revert to the HTML WG owns forms in HTML and
   the Forms WG owns forms as a standalone

   <ChrisWilson> This seems reasonable to all on the call

   ChrisWilson: So I think his recommended course of action is good.

   <ChrisWilson> close action-52

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-52 Bring summary of where the Forms TF is and
   recommendation for action to HTML WG closed

   <ChrisWilson> action-53?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-53 -- Dan Connolly to check for offline api
   stuff in WebAPI proposed charter -- due 2008-02-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/53

       http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/53

   <anne> FWIW, Ian Hickson would like explicit consent from the Forms
   WG that they're ok with us working on forms again, as I understand
   it.

   <Hixie> i don't mind

   <Hixie> i just want to make sure that i don't start integrating wf2
   into html5 only later to be told that it needs to all be undone and
   turned into xforms

   <Hixie> if the group decides that wf2 is fine and we're not going to
   try to use xforms, that works too

   <Hixie> (the group = htmlwg)

   <anne> k

   <ChrisWilson> ACTION: Chris Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to
   make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [recorded
   in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-56 - Wilson to follow up with Forms WG
   to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [on
   Chris Wilson - due 2008-04-03].

   <ChrisWilson> noted. I'll make sure that we follow up with them.

   <ChrisWilson> we are trying to work together here, but we do want to
   eventually ship html5. With forms.

   <Hixie> indeed

   <Hixie> certainly, since they are forms experts, their input can
   only make the spec better

   <Hixie> it is unfortunate that they have not been forthcoming with
   feedback so far

   <ChrisWilson> Mike: not going to have mention of offline apps in
   webapi charter

   <ChrisWilson> I want this ot be discussed in the hypertext cg, so
   I'm keeping the action pending review.

   <ChrisWilson> action-54?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-54 -- Gregory Rosmaita to work with SteveF
   draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include
   @alt on img elements -- due 2008-04-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

       http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

   <ChrisWilson> Waiting on input from PF group. Reopened, moved to 2
   weeks from today.

   <ChrisWilson> can't seem to re-open the action, it stays as pending
   review. Oh well.

   <ChrisWilson> 3

   <ChrisWilson> whoops.

   <ChrisWilson> overdue action items: large number on Dan, moving them
   to next week.

   <ChrisWilson> action-8?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-8 -- Michael Cooper to discuss with PFWG role
   attribute vs aria attribute -- due 2008-02-21 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/8

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/8

   <ChrisWilson> I believe this is resolved, but needs a pointer to the
   spec.

   <ChrisWilson> Gregory isn't around, so skipping action-23

   <ChrisWilson> action-40?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG
   home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due
   2008-02-21 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40

   action-40?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG
   home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due
   2008-04-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40

   <ChrisWilson> motion to adjourn?

   <ChrisWilson> any new business from IRC?

   <ChrisWilson> no objections, ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Chris Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure
   they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

-- 
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/
http://sideshowbarker.net/

Received on Friday, 28 March 2008 00:04:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:38:53 UTC