Re: [whatwg] Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I've started trying to distill problem descriptions out of the 367 e-mails
> about using markup from namespaces other than HTML in text/html that are
> currently in the WHATWG Issues List. [1]
>
> I'm putting what I find into a page on the WHATWG wiki. [2]
>
> If anyone wants to help out, please coordinate with me on #whatwg on
> Freenode IRC or #html-wg on W3C IRC, or drop me an e-mail.

FYI, I've started some work in html5lib (in the
namespaces-in-text-html branch [1]).
For the moment, it (almost) mimics IE5.5/IE6/IE7 behavior (except that
it doesn't deal with xmlns attributes at all).

I could summarize the changes from the spec and what I intend to do
(to support default namespace, and create elements in the appropriate
namespaces –i.e. deal with xmlns attributes–) if you want to.

It seems Anne also started some work (he created an svg+math branch);
and I intend to port my changes to Twintsam (which codebase I know
much more than html5lib's one ;-) )

[1] http://html5lib.googlecode.com/svn/branches/namespaces-in-text-html/

--
Thomas Broyer