Re: SVG and MathML in text/html

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 13:12:27 -0500
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, HTMLWG Tracking WG <public-html@w3.org>

Doug Schepers wrote:
>  so a new edition of XLink could, in theory, define an additional
> "human-friendly" namespace name, like "http://w3.org/xlink".

This would be a huge step in usability for all the W3C specs.

Heck, it could even be: "w3c:xlink", right?  And "w3c:xhtml", "wc3:svg", etc.
As an occasional XML author, that would save me from having to google things
like "xhtml namespace" every time I need to write an XHTML document (and similar
for svg, etc) or having to find some document to copy-paste from.

I would love for this to happen.

-Boris