Re: SVG and MathML in text/html

From: Chasen Le Hara <rendezvouscp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:20:35 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:

>  * When SVG in text/html is not supported, the icon must degrade into
> nothingness.

Henri, I don't understand this part of the use case. As an author, I *would*
want to be able to have a backup icon or text displayed if SVG is not
supported. I can't think of a circumstance in which I wouldn't want at least
a backup image, if not backup text (at the least) displayed if SVG wasn't
supported (at all, or in text/html).