Cross-document messaging: document.onmessage

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:51:00 +0100
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Hi,

Both HTMLElement and Window have an onmessage event handler attribute, but
HTMLDocument does not. And HTMLDocument is the event target in case of
cross-document messaging.

I'm not sure if it's still fixable, but I wanted to ask if Document is
really the most consistent event target for this event. The online/offline
events in theory use the <body> element for instance (and in practice
Window).

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren