Cross-posting etiquette

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:20:33 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-html@w3.org

It has been brought to my attention that my recommendation to not cross-
post replies to my bulk replies that are themselves cross-posted to many
mailing lists may have been taken as some sort of bad faith behaviour to
reduce the visibility of any rebuttals.

This is not my intent; I am merely trying to avoid big threads, spanning
multiple mailing lists, where each participant is only subscribed to one
or two lists and therefore people who are only participating in a subset
of the mailing lists see a kind of fractured discussion.

To avoid misunderstandings, I will in future avoid including my comments
regarding cross-posting in future e-mails to this mailing list.

Cheers,