Re: URIs in HTML5 and issues arising

Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Philip has already posted numbers, and I cited them in the e-mail to
>> which you replied. If you're not going to do research yourself, the
>> least you could do is read the e-mails to which you are replying
>> completely before asking that other people do the research for you.
>
> Here I was asking for a different number (the amount of pages that use
> non-ASCII characters in queries, which are *also* not included in the
> document's encoding).

Sorry, confused two cases.

The number above would be interesting for the issue how to encode query
characters that aren't compatible with the document encoding.

The number that I actually was looking for is the amount of pages

- contain (unescaped) non-ASCII character in queries, *and*
- use a document encoding other than UTF-8 (*).

Best regards, Julian

(*) With the latest spec changes that would also include UTF-16 (or
maybe any character encoding that can encode the whole Unicode character
  repertoire?)