Re: heads-up about "new" URLs section in HTML5 editor's draft

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:25:42 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>  On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:06:14 +0200, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
>>> Somebody suggested "HTML URL" on uri@w3.org - I think that's a better
>>> option because its makes the distinction more apparent.
>>  Since I'd expect, e.g. XMLHttpRequest and other specifications to adopt
>
> I wouldn't expect that. Why hardwire IRI-incompatibilities into XHR when
> IE currently doesn't handle IRIs at all for XHR? Why not do the right
> thing at least here????

Well, space characters and such are handled by everyone. Hopefully the
HTML5 algorithm allows for passing UTF-8 as parameter to the algorithm so
the query part is always encoded as such, but that doesn't mean there are
some other bits that the URI/IRI specifications don't cover.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>