dataset case issue

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:37:56 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

The dataset DOM attribute introduces a small difference between HTML and
XHTML that should probably be pointed out explicitly. Namely that if you
use dataset.X = "x" you will get a data-x attribute in HTML and a data-X
attribute in XHTML.

Instead of pointing it out we could also 1) define dataset in terms of
setAttributeNS rather than setAttribute in which case you might get
problems when you try to seralize. Or 2) be defining a subset of
characters that these attributes may consist of and not letting dataset
work with characters outside that set.

Of the alternative solutions my preference goes to 1. It seems nicer to
defer to setAttributeNS rather than subsetting things somehow.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>