Re: Canvas shadows should not be optional

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Philip Taylor wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#shadows says:
>
> "Support for shadows is optional. When they are supported, then, when
> shadows are drawn, they must be rendered as follows:"
>
> Suggested replacement text:
>
> "When shadows are drawn, they must be rendered as follows:"

I recommend against suggesting replacement text as I mostly ignore it
anyway (if I pay attention to it, I tend to forget to do a thorough job --
for example, in this particular case I would have missed the corresponding
changes to the Drawing Model section).

> So, for interoperability and platform consistency, the feature should
> not be optional. Since it's already used (indicating that it's a useful
> feature) and implemented (and fairly easy to add into other
> implementations), it seems best to require it instead of dropping it.

Done.