DOM-level conformance discrepancies between HTML5 and XHTML5

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:19:38 +0300
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

After the great December content model change, the DOM-level
differences between (conforming) HTML5 and XHTML5 were greatly reduced.

I did some schema grepping and found only the following differences:
  * lang vs. xml:lang (Validator.nu papers over this by adding
complexity to the parser level.)
  * <noscript> is HTML-only
  * charset metas are HTML-only
  * <command> in <head> is XHTML-only
  * <event-source> in <head> is XHTML-only
  * <form> in <head> is XHTML-only
  * Namespace declaration attribute issues (this is such a can of
worms :-( see http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20080522#l-180 )
  * xml:space is XML-only

Am I missing anything as far as the (X)HTML namespace goes?

Then the new foreign content stuff changes things: It moves
discrepancies from the <math> and <svg> roots to deeper in the
subtrees. I'd be interested in learning what DOMs that are conforming
in XHTML5 + SVG 1.1 + MathML 2 (or 3) (without wildcard points) are
not serializable as text/html (assuming the SVG proposal that was
zapped from the spec at the request of the SVG WG).

I recognized these up front:
  * SVG <font> is XML-only
  * XHTML in annotation-xml is XML-only (probably not too useful anyway)

What else is there?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi