Re: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > I wish I could take all the credit, but seriously, many of the decisions
> > made in the HTML5 spec are a group effort, even if you don't count the
> > discussions on the many lists as being part of the decision process. In
> > particular, for almost all non-trivial changes, I bounce ideas around on IRC
> > as I'm editing the draft. Obviously, at a very practical level, since we're
> > not voting on every change, I get the ultimate blame for the decisions that
> > are made, but I really can't claim all the credit.
>
> So, as a *concrete* question, why don't you bounce them on the HTML-WG's
> IRC channel?

I don't really have a preference either way. I bounce ideas on both
channels. (Recently not so much on the HTMLWG channel due to the
connection problems I've been having.) I tend to just discuss them
wherever people are talking; since there are more people on the WHATWG
channel, that's probably where people talk more.