Re: Liaison with CSS WG to provide a mechanism for expressing the style of document semantics

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:45:46 +0200
To: HTML Issue Tracking WG <public-html@w3.org>

Robert J Burns wrote:

> [1]: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/SemanticPresentationLegendCSS>

The following is my personal opinion, my CSS WG co-chair hat *off*.

I discovered this document five hours ago.
I just could not believe my eyes, to be honest [1]. It's now 5:20am and
I woke up to read it again, thinking "no that's not possible,
I must miss something". And I did not miss something.
I am hesitating between hilarity and complete despondency.

Two things :

   1. in twelve years in the W3C, I have seen crazy proposals ;
      I have seen stupid proposals ; I have seen unrealistic
      proposals ; I have seen counter-productive proposals ;
      I have seen laughable proposals ; but I have never seen something
      of _that_ magnitude.

   2. I respectfully suggest to even delete this document from
      the HTML WG Wiki - and that is probably a first in my whole
      standards-related life - before the HTML WG becomes the laughing
      stock of the whole Markup Languages standards community in the
      world for the next decade...

[1] http://twitter.com/glazou/statuses/873039500

</Daniel>