Re: linking work on processing WAI-ARIA markup in HTML

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:29:53 +0100
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
CC: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, public-pfwg-comments@w3.org, public-pfwg-comments-request@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org

Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Ian,
>
> I don't see how we can fully state how we work with HTML 5 as it is not
> done. We should be able to do this in a future version.

It will presumably be much easier to integrate ARIA with HTML5 if there is
active cross-communication between the two groups whilst both specifications are
still in malleable states. Therefore instead of pushing HTML5+ARIA integration
to a future version of ARIA+HTML when there is already a legacy to support, it
seems more productive to open up the ARIA work now so that all the interested
parties can bring their expertise to bear at the earliest stage of development.