Re: On ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> I just realized I'd never sent my opinion about extensibility in HTML.
>
> In short, I think extensibility is a very good idea, with some parameters
> around it.  Particularly as I look at the challenges of sanely incorporating
> vocabularies such as SVG and MathML, and then what we would need
> to do when the next vocabulary comes along, it would seem to be a
> necessity (or we're just encouraging people to roll their own).  I think it's
> a poor language that doesn't think about its own extensibility, particularly
> when its own vocabulary already approaches "prohibitively large".

Chris, is there a writeup somewhere about IE's parsing rules regarding
"foreign markup"? (by that I mean: what does trigger "foreign
language" parsing rules (where "/>" signals a void element), and wrt
"ill formed" markup).

See also: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0173.html
and other mails in the thread.

--