Re: Microsoft's "I mean it" content-type parameter

From: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 01:45:41 -0500
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:
>  Or switch it off in the browser, when on IE7:
>  <http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/02/01/364581.aspx#364853>.

You can do the same thing via the WIE7 browser interface too (some
people may find this to be easier):

1. Open the “Tools” menu.
2. Select “Internet Options”.
3. Select the “Security” tab.
4. Select one of the icons for the four zones: “Internet”, “Local
intranet”, “Trusted sites”, or “Restricted sites”.
5. Press the “Custom level…” button.
6. In the “Settings” sub‐window under the “Miscellaneous” header, select
the “Disable” radio button for “Open files based on content, not file
extension”.
7. Press “OK”.
8. Repeat from step 4 for any of the other zones if desired.

I checked one of the registry entries mentioned in your linked resource
and it gets changed when the above procedure is followed, so,
apparently, this is the same exact setting.

— Patrick Garies