Re: Microsoft's "I mean it" content-type parameter

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:49:05 -0700
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
> Le 4 juil. 2008 à 14:19, Adam Barth a écrit :
>> there being a lot of broken sites, including digg.com and united.com.
>
> I had to check. No issues so far.

It looks like you're just checking the front page.  As I recall, the
Digg issue was in one of its frames.  Instead of seeing what I was
supposed to see, I saw a script tag and a bunch of JavaScript.  On the
United site, it was something that cropped up while I was booking a
flight.

I recommend the experiment I mentioned, compiling a browser without
content sniffing and actually trying to use the web for a reasonable
amount of time.  I tried this a while ago, so it's possible the sites
have changed in the intervening months.

Adam