Re: Microsoft's "I mean it" content-type parameter

Le 4 juil. 2008 à 01:04, Justin James a écrit :
> If browser vendors didn't create browsers
> that accepted any semi-reasonable slop served out, then the Web
> would still
> just be TBL […]

Statement which can't be proved.

> It doesn't break anything, and it extends the protocol in a way that
> does not cause any problems to existing stuff, and it will only be
> used by a small fraction of people.

Sniffing content causes issues, for example when you want to serve an
HTML file with text/plain on *purpose*.  Use case: insert the source
code of an html document with object or iframe sent as text/plain.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/