Re: HTML 5 WD (not technical)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> > Individuals are added to the acknowledgements whenever I make a change
> > to the working-copy file that is directly caused by a comment they
> > have made.
>
> So people who seriously contribute to the discussions but don't push
> anything to the spec are not there. Hum, to say the least.

I had to come up with some sort of way of deciding who would end up on the
acknowledgements list, otherwise all the people contributing to
discussions on Slashdot, Digg, Reddit, in the blogosphere, on mailing
lists everywhere, etc, would all end up on the list, and half the spec
would just be a list of names. As it is, at least there's a simple
criteria that I can use, and I can say with certainty that the people who
are acknowledged are people without whom the spec would definitely have
been poorer.

Anyway, this is by far the least important aspect of the spec.