Re: supporting both formats html5 & xhtml5 re: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#xhtml5

From: Daniel Schattenkirchner <schattenkirchner.daniel@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:24:18 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Dean Edridge wrote:
 > There are only two reasons why you would omit "XHTML5" from the title
 > of the spec.

I think I got a reason #3 which seems reasonable.

If we discuss wether "XHTML5" should be included in the spec title or
not we may as well discuss wether "DOM5" should be included as well or
not. It's the same thing with DOM Storage and SQL Databases.

However, it seems XHTML doesn't share its fear of not being mentioned in
the spec title. I wonder why?

IMHO, the name of the spec isn't that important. Important is, what the
spec defines, and this is both: HTML5 and XHTML5. And as we've seen it
actually defines even more than that.

See, I could write "Dean Edridge" on anything. Yet - I think everyone
agrees - there's much more behind.

~ds