Re: Type conversion in the Database API in 4.11

On 28 Feb 2008, at 14:42, <mikko.honkala@nokia.com>
<mikko.honkala@nokia.com> wrote:

> My ECMAScript-specific proposal would be to preserve ECMAScript
> numbers
> (64-bit double) and booleans, and treat the rest as strings.

Don't forget about NULLs. JavaScript does have a special null object.

Because booleans are not supported uniformly across databases, I
think the definition how booleans are handled should be very
permissive, e.g. anything that evaluates to true in JS should be cast
to true in the DB and vice-versa, i.e.
database must not return false as string like "F", because it would
evaluate to true in JS, but could return and accept true/false as 1/0
or "T" and "".

--
regards, Kornel