Re: acceptance: how

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:30:59 -0800
To: Dmitry Turin <html60@narod.ru>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Dmitry Turin wrote:
> Dan,
> DC> "We expect that typically, an editor makes an initial proposal, which is
> DC> refined in discussion with Working Group members and other reviewers,
> DC> and consensus emerges with little formal decision-making."
> DC>    -- http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#decisions
> There is link
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#Votes
> on mentioned page (and note: "This charter is written in accordance with
> Section 3.4, Votes of the W3C Process Document and includes _no_ voting
> procedures beyond what the Process Document requires").
> 1) Can i put on voting my proposals about new controls
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/tabfile_eng.htm
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/cube_eng.htm
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/quest_eng.htm
> ?

It only makes sense to call for votes when discussion has
shown substantial support, and I haven't seen much support
for those, so no, I'm not inclined to call
for votes on those proposals. (so far, only the co-chairs
have started calls for votes).

> 2) I'm invited expert, and i'd like to know, am i "Good Standing"
> to participate in voting?

Yes; the official list is
and there you are listed in good standing.

If you have further process questions, please send them
to me an Chris Wilson and Mike Smith, not to the whole
WG. A copy to www-archive@w3.org to leave a public record
is often a good idea.