Le 27 févr. 2008 à 08:17, Ian Hickson a écrit :
>> Use case 2
>>
>> I'm writing a long document, article. I'm not sure yet about the
>> sections and
>> the level of headings.
>> What the authoring tool should do?
>> Create empty headings?
>
> Why is there a problem? You can move the sections and headings
> around as
> you edit the document.

It was an argument against Lachlan's requirement proposal.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>  The spec should probably require heading levels to be used in the
> correct order, so that a lower level heading must be preceded by a
> higher level heading.

A document is not perfect when we are writing it and editing it. It is
incremental.
We are starting by one section then fleshing out another section. It
means that if we require to use the heading level in "correct order",
aka h1, h2, …, h6, many potential intermediate states of the document
will be non conforming. We can think about shared editing in the
context of traditional CMS or wikis.

It introduces also a difficulty when we cut and paste a block of text
containing headings from another page in a blockquote. Though the
content of the blockquote could be declared out of the context of the
hierarchical text flow. It creates other issues with CSS for example,
aka scoping with a blockquote > h1 for styling.

So I do not have the feeling it is a good idea to make it a strong
requirement.
It could be a comment in good practices document for writing html.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/