Re: acceptance: how

Dmitry Turin wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Could anybody clarify me, how proposals become accepted or not
> accepted by W3C ? Could anybody give me a link to document,
> where this question is described ?

The decision policy in our charter is perhaps the most relevant
source:

"We expect that typically, an editor makes an initial proposal, which is
refined in discussion with Working Group members and other reviewers,
and consensus emerges with little formal decision-making."
   -- http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#decisions

That's the short version. It goes on to explain exception/escalation
mechanisms, cite the rest of W3C process, etc.

Email is not the ideal way to learn about these social processes.
Lower latency media such as IRC, phone, and face-to-face are
considerably better.

We had a "W3C process Q&A" session at the ftf meeting
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/nov07

and we had an orientation session back in April
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1171.html

Perhaps we should do that more often.