Re: Would the arai describedby property be a suitable replacement for or improvement on @longdesc?

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:40:36 +0000
To: joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Joshue O Connor wrote:
> Can this please be added to the issue tracker?
>
> Would the arai describedby property be a suitable replacement for or
> improvement on @longdesc?

I added a general issue to cover this rather than one on this specific point,
because I think there are many examples of this type of interaction that need to
be sorted out (other obvious examples include aria-labelledby when used in
conjunction with <label> and aria-describedby on table cells to establish cell
headers). I think it would be easier to make a pass through aria trying to
identify all the issues that need to be addressed instead of adding them
piecemeal to the tracker.