Re: Clarification of rational for deprecation of @longdesc and @summary

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:35:39 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

On Feb 18, 2008 12:24 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> If wai-aria goes in we have an aria-describedby property which can reference
> an area of the document allowing for the prose to be associated with the
> image. longdesc is almost never used as people want to use the same prose in
> the original document.

Something like the following?

If authors don't do that, I think it means that:
 * either they don't know they can
 * or they just don't want

If it's the former case, it might be a problem of misinformation
and/or editors not allowing them to do it.
If it's the latter case, aria-describedby won't help.

--
Thomas Broyer