Re: Why authors are using Transitional (and target="_blank")

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:59:05 -0600
To: "Thomas Broyer" <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Thomas,

> How many use Transitional because they want/have to use the target=
> attribute with a value other than _blank?

Excellent question.  Perhaps that's the other 50% of the votes?  At
least one person mentions _top in there.

I also think the poll should include more than 10 total votes :)

As for naming a view - that would be hard given the existing footprint
of using _blank everywhere.  I'm not sure why _blank was not made
conforming, can anyone give the history?

Regards,
Jeff