Re: several messages about radial gradients

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:46:27 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I thought Philip explained that the SVG model was strictly a subset of the
> current <canvas> model. Is that not the case?

It might be, except for this business with having to adjust color stop offsets,
etc, etc.

It sounded to me like implementing them using a single piece of code was going
to be just as much (if not more) work as implementing them separately, assuming
you're building on top of a graphics library to start with and not doing it all
by hand.

-Boris