Re: Emphasizing STRIKE

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:43:04 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:

> In the spec as it stands today, <b> and <i> are not presentational and
> semantic-free. They are in fact defined in a semantic manner, just like
> <strong>, <em>, etc.

Yes, in the /draft/ specification as it stands today [1], your
presentational, and the fact that the draft specification
misrepresents this is a matter of considerable concern and regret.
I for one will be seeking to ensure that this is corrected in
a future draft, and that the <b> and <i> elements do not
appear in the specification when it is finally released.

Philip TAYLOR
--------
[1] W3C Working Draft 9 February 2008