Re: [whatwg] Referer header sent with <a ping>?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:26:48 -0800
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Feb 8, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> This e-mail is a response to all the recent ping="" feedback.

Not really.  My consensus-o-meter says that ping should be removed from
the specification.  I see no actual implementations, demonstrated
evidence that it is a bad idea, and an overwhelming number of comments
that indicate it isn't desirable in HTML.  There is no evidence
whatsoever to indicate it is ready for standardization, and all you
are doing at this point is ignoring the substantive objections by
adding more hacks around an inherently broken and undesirable feature.

In other words, you are wasting our time.

....Roy