Re: Investigate expected results to http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/http/content-type/sniffing/ tests in collaboration with the IETF HTTP WG (ACTION-44)

From: Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:40:41 +0000
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Julian Reschke writes:

> feedback ... with respect to ...the test cases at
> <http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/http/content-type/sniffing/>
>
> 3) "illegal characters"
>
> Some test cases, such as 16, claim the contents contains "invalid
> text/plain characters". At least case 16 doesn't.
> (<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2008JanMar/0122.html>)

That mail points out that none of the characters are > 127, which is
correct.  However, test 16 does contain several characters < 32 (and
which aren't tabs or line-breaks); these are not normally considered to
be plain text.

(My apologies for not spotting the original mail at the time, before you
collated the feedback.)

Smylers