Re: Emphasizing STRIKE

From: Chasen Le Hara <rendezvouscp@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:19:59 -0800
To: public-html@w3.org
Leif, I disagree with your arguments in favor of the strike element (for
reasons outlined by others). However, I want to bring up one use case for
the strike element for discussion: its (lack of) use in Bugzilla.
In Bugzilla, a reference to a bug that has been resolved is linked and
stricken through (using a class). The del element is inappropriate in this
circumstance because the reference is not an edit to the document (nor is
the reference being deleted), which leaves a class or the strike element.

I'm not particularly convinced that the strike element is (semantically)
correct to use in this use case, or that it would be worth keeping around
for use cases like this, but I think it should at least be considered.