Re: Validation error frequencies

Michael A. Puls II schreef:
> For .href,
>
> Leading and trailing raw spaces are stripped in all 4 browsers.

At least in XML, this is built-in behaviour of attributes, afaik. Not
sure about HTML5.

> For getAttribute,
>
> Firefox, Opera and Safari give the actual value as it was in the
> source. IE gives the same (at least in this case) as .href.

I think in IE, as a general rule you can say that
node.getAttribute(name) is identical to node[name].

GetAttribute doesn’t actually look at the XML, but as far as I know
always accesses the DOM property with the same name. Thus, URL values
are processed and resolved against their base URI even though that
doesn’t make sense. For this same reason, e.g. label.getAttribute('for')
also doesn’t work in IE, you have to use label.getAttribute('htmlFor').

~Grauw