Re: Drop foster-parented stuff on the floor if parent gone

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:03:15 +0000 (UTC)
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Deferring tree mutations would become slightly simpler if
> foster-parented stuff was simply dropped when the table parent is gone.

I haven't made this change. It would make other implementation strategies
more complex, so there doesn't seem to be an overall clear indication of
what would be best. Even in the deferred mutation case, it seems like you
could just use a "foster insert" action instead, which the main thread
would handle accordingly.