Re: metadata content

Ian Hickson wrote:
> Wikis have full history, if someone vandalises the page, just fix it. It's
> not difficult. :-)

It's time consuming -- to work reliably, one essentially needs to
monitor all changes.

>> URIs as identifiers (when chosen properly) already avoid name clashes; I
>> don't see why it would make sense to register them in a central place.
>
> The registration is not intended to avoid name clashes, doing that is
> easy. The registration is meant to provide a way for people to find out
> what values mean, so that they can interoperate.

Which is something URIs-as-identifiers can be good at, too.

> If there are issues that have not been raised, please raise them,
> otherwise they won't be considered. If there are issues that have been
> raised but not yet considered, then (assuming they are in Bugzilla, or if
> I have noticed them and saved them to one of my folders) they will be
> dealt with in due course. If there are issues that have been raised and
> dealt with and you just didn't like the conclusion, then please raise this
> with the chairs, so that we can follow the proper W3C escalation process.

I think these are issues the chairs are aware of, it's the whole area of
  how extensibility is supposed to work.

> However, in the latter case, unless I made some gross error or was biased
> in some way, which I try hard to avoid, I don't really see what the
> process is going to do differently unless we end up with working group
> decisions that are technically unsound.

And no, I'm not going to participate in yet another process discussion.

BR, Julian