Re: Table feedback

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Joshue O Connor wrote:

> I am really disappointed that you finally gave @summary the bullet. It
> was hands down the simplest no-brainer in it's need for retention in the
> HTML 5 spec.

There's no "finality" about my decision; my edits are but the first part
in the process, the working group can always override me.

Indeed, even my own edits can be easily directed by compelling evidence.
It doesn't take a working group decision to override me; given good
arguments to do so, I will happily change the spec. For example, Ben's
study of tables introduced new evidence for header associations and that
caused me to change the spec without even going any further in the proces.
There has not been anything of that nature put forward for summary="", and
the arguments put forward haven't, objectively, been convincing.

I personally don't have a horse in this race -- I have no preference one
way or the other regarding summary="". I am just looking at the problems
put forward, and trying to solve them the best way possibl