Re: less than normal importance/emphasis

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:53:01 +0100, Patrick H. Lauke
<redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>
>> Today, we must do this:
>>  But with a <neutral> element, we could mark the phrase more naturally,
>> like this:
>>

> Perhaps it's just me, but the <em>first</em> code example feels more
> natural to <em>me</em>.

No, it makes more sense to me too. It would be interesting to see some
numbers on how often people use em and strong in a way that shows they are
aiming for different levels of emphasis, to see how critical this is.

But we already have the ability to add (progressively more still?)
emphasis, and we can mark things as asides. Having two different ways of
saying stuff is normal (a special element/attribute, or just closing off
the emphasis and reopening it) seems a bit of overkill to me.

cheers

Chaals