Re: Comparison of Smart Headers and HTML5 (ACTION-85)

Joshue O Connor wrote:
> Thanks for that. I think a simple explicit outline, like the one
> above, was needed.

I've now added a link to that message from the comparison:

<http://projectcerbera.com/blog/2008/11/compare#intro>

Joshue O Connor wrote:
> However, there is still a need for consensus on the functional
> requirements of the language (explicit semantic associations, aside from
> the algorithm) that could
> be ideally supported by older UAs or, at the very least, be easily
> implemented by AT vendors.

This is covered by the 3 Mechanisms Applied part of the Similarities
section:

<http://projectcerbera.com/blog/2008/11/compare#similarities>

Searching for "headers+id" should find a few more mentions of it.

To avoid reading the whole thing, you could skip straight to Ben's Advice at
the bottom:

<http://projectcerbera.com/blog/2008/11/compare#advice>

The first paragraph under each <h3> in this section summarises the advice.
Reading these and skipping the bullet points should give you an overview, in
effect.

--
Ben Millard
<http://projectcerbera.com/web/study/>