Re: proposed change to dialog example in HTML5 section 4.6.26

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:44:27 +0000
To: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>, public-html@w3.org

a contraction is an abbreviated form; this particular contraction is
non-standard english (the presumed natural language declared for the
example), so where's the problem with using ABBR?  why should encasing
"watcha" in an ABBR be "wrong"?

LANGUAGE, n.  The music with which we charm the serpents guarding
another's treasure.     -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
            Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
UBATS: United Blind Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org